Restaurant Quality Pasta in Your Kitchen
Feb 01 2016
Exclusive to Gourmet ME, Surgital’s Laboratorio Tortellini is a range of deep frozen fresh pasta for restaurants.
The pasta is stored frozen, allowing you to use the quantity you need per meal. With Gourmet ME, you can have restaurant quality pasta cooked in your kitchen!
Quick and easy tips for cooking your fresh frozen pasta
- Drop the still frozen pasta in boiling water or stock. Please note pasta to water ratio: 100g pasta to 1 litre water.
- Bring the water back to the boil and cook for 2 to 5 minutes, depending on the size and quantity of the pasta.
- Gently drain the pasta.
- Pour the pasta into a preheated pan, add your favourite dressing or sauce then briefly sauté for a few seconds until well mixed. Serve immediately on preheated dish and enjoy.
Check out Surgital’s head chef Valerio and his cooking tip for fresh frozen pasta:
Feeling hungry? Try our recommended recipe:
Tortellacci with Ricotta & Spinach with Brussel Sprouts in Bechamel
Ingredients for 4 portions
560 g Tortellacci with ricotta and spinach
160 g Brussel sprouts
500 ml milk
30 g butter
30 g flour
50 g Cream cheese
30 g grated Parmigiano Reggiano Extra-virgin olive oil
, pepper, chilli pepper
- Clean and trim the Brussel sprouts and boil them in water
- When cooked, cut them into segments and brown them quickly in a frying pan in a little olive oil; season with salt and pepper
- Meanwhile, make a fairly liquid béchamel with the milk, butter and flour and add to the Brussel sprouts.
- Cook the Tortellacci Ricotta & Spinach in plenty salted boiling water; drain and stir into the sauce, then add the cream cheese and mix well
- Serve piping hot, topped with the grated Parmigiano Reggiano and a little chopped or ground chili pepper