أبرز ملامح ديسمبر
01 كانون الأول 2016
Cool, crisp morning air, the earthy smell
of damp leaves, a hint of misty breath
and the urge for a comforting hot
meal or bowl of soup to wrap your
hands around. Get cozy, light
candles, beat the chill and
share good times with
friends & family over
White Bean Soup with Garlic and Parsley
Serves 4 to 6
1 teaspoon chopped garlic
1 cup homemade broth or water
Thick grilled or toasted slices of crusty bread
- Put the oil & chopped garlic in a soup pot & turn on the heat to medium. Cook the garlic, stirring it, until it becomes a very pale gold color.
- Add the drained canned beans, a pinch of salt, & a few grindings of pepper. Cover & simmer gently for 5 to 6 minutes
- Take about 1/2 cup of beans from the pot & puree them through a food mill back into the pot, together with all the broth. Alternately, use a blender, loosening with a bit of the broth. Simmer for another 5 to 6 minutes, taste, & correct for salt and pepper. Swirl in the chopped parsley, & turn off the heat
- Ladle over the grilled bread slices into individual soup bowls
Quaker Brand found a new home at GourmetME
Soup is incomplete without Quaker Oats! Its goodness and texture make it essential for making delicious soups that your whole family can enjoy. Now Quaker brings you all that sumptuous goodness in a brand new range of convenient & great tasting ready-to-cook Quaker Soups!
The New Quaker Soup is unique in many ways:
Its luxurious velvety texture comes from the Oats in the soup
It has 8g of whole grains per serving
Its low in saturated fats
It has NO MSG, No Preservatives & No Artificial Colors
All ingredients are Halal & GMO Free
Introducing “Voiello” a top tier quality pasta brand from Barilla Italy
Voiello is made from Grana Aureo 100% Wheat: a high quality durum wheat grown and milled in Italy.
It has certain characteristics of excellence, including a high protein content (Grain Protein: 15.5% average) and a strong gluten index.
Pasta Aglio Olio
4 plump garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
3/4 cup minced flat-leaf parsley (optional)
- In a large pot, bring 6 quarts of water to a boil & cook the pasta according to package directions until al dente
- While the pasta cooks, heat the oil over medium-low heat in a saucepan large enough to hold all the pasta.
- Add garlic to the oil and cook very gently, just until the garlic softens and starts to turn golden—do not let it brown.
- Add chili & parsley, along with a ladleful of starchy pasta cooking water.
- Turn the heat up a notch and let the sauce simmer vigorously for about 5 minutes. When the pasta is almost done, drain in a colander and turn immediately into the pan, mixing the pasta together with its sauce.
- Let simmer for about a minute or two, then serve immediately with more salt, ground pepper & parmesan on top